Monday, January 10, 2011

It's been one year!


Tomorrow, we celebrate our first year of homeschooling! Well, I doubt the girls will be interested; in fact today my oldest asked (after a long Christmas holiday), "Am I in fifth grade now?" Out of the mouth of babes...


It has been very difficult for me to fall back into our normal school routine. I take three different medications to combat my bronchitis and all leave me drowsy and fatigued. I can't tell if I'm feeling any better yet. The nurse warned me that the cough may not abate for weeks. So, not the best start to the new year but I must be patient, and in time I'll heal.


One year! I survived! I don't want to quit! These accolades are praiseworthy - thank You, Lord! As He knows, many days I wanted to surrender and I didn't feel as if I could lead the household anymore. He has heard my prayers and He has comforted my doubts and fears. He never fails me.


I have been fortunate to locate a couple of terrific homeschooling families on Face Book. If I ever feel lost or frustrated, I update my status and within a short time, I receive several pep talks in my inbox. It is wonderful and encouraging. Thank You, Lord for bringing these ladies into my life.


Perhaps what surprises me the most is my confidence level. I am slowly learning to trust my gut. I believe my path to home educating is the right one for us and I am secure in my curricula. If I ever feel inundated, I simply focus and turn to the Bible. This is my personal "refresh" button.


It certainly hasn't been a bed of roses but as the Bible teaches us, God uses moments like these to mold us. I pray that my heart remains open so I can always hear Him clearly and serve His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment