Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beginning in The Book of Proverbs

Even though I was raised in the Catholic community, I never opened a Bible as a child. I attended mass every Sunday, without exception, and received all of my Catholic sacraments, but I had no clue about God's Word.

Thankfully, my neighbor introduced me to the Bible and it has transformed my life. About three years ago, my husband and I were invited to our neighbor's non-denominational church for a candlelight Christmas Eve service and I was enthralled. The service was intimate and beautiful. We began to attend the church and little by little, my senses were awakened to a new world, God's world.

I had always been a faithful person. He showed Himself to me in different circumstances (which I can write about in a later entry), and I knew instinctively that I could depend on Him through my prayers and tears.

Fast forward to now and I've decided to purchase, The Book of Proverbs: God's Book of Wisdom study guide authored by Colorado pastor Kevin Swanson. (I listen to Kevin Swanson's radio program Generations with Vision as often as I can. He is a great motivator and keeps my thoughts and feelings in perspective.) My intent is to learn the Book of Proverbs alongside my family: my husband at the helm, my four children and myself. As we explore the study guide together, I'll include more postings on our progress.

"Genesis is God's history book of the world, the book of Psalms is God's book on worship, the Gospels are God's autobiography of the Savior, and the book of Proverbs is God's book on life." Kevin Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment